Thursday 8 December 2011

My Learning Style - Visual

After completing the VARK questionnaire, it appears that I learn best when things are shown to me rather than if I was being told. I think this is the best way I learn, as I seem to have a short-term memory as I easily forget things that I’ve just been told. I learn best when things are demonstrated to me or shown to me by using presentations, posters or by using a book that I can read and look at myself and highlight any key points that I can look back at.

By using these kinds of learning materials such as posters, presentations etc I am able to see what is being explained rather than having to imagine what it is they are talking about. I like to be able to see some sort of example to re-assure me that I am doing what I have been asked to do right and that it is in the correct layout. I feel more confident in my work when I know that I have some guidance to use and things that I can look back on and re-use such as the presentations and the books with highlighted notes.

I also find that I remember a lot more when it has been shown to me and explained, I tend to get on with the work quicker as I don’t have to keep looking up things to find out the answers or keep reading over things that I’ve already been told once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment