Thursday 8 December 2011

Reflection on my personal tutorial meeting.


After starting my course, Business Information Systems it hasn’t been as I had expected. I’m finding the change from college work to university work hard to adapt to and this is strongly affecting the amount of work I am putting in. After discussing this in my tutorial meeting it was suggested to me that I was either on the wrong course for me or that I just wasn’t cut out to do the degree. I don’t feel that my meeting was at all helpful to help me make my decision on whether I wish to continue the course.

I would like to carry on with the course and prove to myself that I can succeed as the modules are continually changing, so even though I may find current modules hard I may excel in other modules. I have to figure out what is going to be best for my future and the positive effect this degree could have on my life and career and to stick this out, or whether to cut my losses now and go on to do something I will enjoy.

The personal tutorial meeting was definitely an eye opener to show me I need to make a decision about my plans and to strongly consider whether I have made the right choice in course or the right choice to even come to university. So I will need to monitor my effort towards the course to make sure I am there for all of the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment